Thursday, June 27, 2013

Hair Hair Hair Hair Hair Hair

Yep that just for you! 
I know how much my hair is considered my "mane" attraction since I was little.  I remember how orange it was and how uncomfortable being the Howdy Dowdy of the kids.  It did help having brother also being a redhead and with such an Irish name it suited me.  I guess I knew that I was special being redhead but didn't really like the attention.  I hid behind a wall, which became my big girl body.  Who wants to look at a big girl redhead?  I never liked to show off or being the spotlight. Although..... I did love being in dancing school and performing for dance recitals.  I guess my love of dancing helped overcome my shyness.
I did come out of my shell and was voted in high school as "Most Spirited".  That was because I was loud and shouting at games, but that was to keep up with my cheerleader friends.  There were not many redheads at New Bedford High School.  People would get me and Sue T. mixed up all the time.  Well we both were on swim team but she was skinnier than me. 
I had really long hair, then cut it to a Dorothy Hamil cut around 1976 and then let it grow out again.  It was shoulder length in high school and then the summer I graduated, I cut it short again.  That was the summer I met first husband Todd.  He only knew me with short hair and he preferred it short.  We even owned a "FLO Bee" that we would attach to our vacuum cleaner to cut our hair.  I once used it without the spacers and my hair was almost buzzed cut.  It was shorter than Todd's!
But once he left... I began growing it again.  It was so long and healthy right before my Gastric Bypass.  I lost so much of my hair and it was the one quality about myself that I really liked.  So for the last two years I've been trying to eat more protein and get healthier hair again.  I think its getting better. Someone recently told me how good it looks!!  Now you just need to see it in person.