Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Flowers

My favorite flower is Freesia.  It has a beautiful fragrance and it is very delicate looking.

My favorite flower

Of course if you know me...you already know my favorite color of freesia! OK so if you don't know me its purple. I love any kind of flowers except there is one that reminds me of funerals or church.  It is a big ball and think it is a form of Chrysanthemum.  I do like the name "Chris and Mum" which remind me of Mom... but the flower just makes me think I am either in church or at a funeral. 

My other favorite flower is daffodils.  Only because of the timing of them.  It seems just like when the horrible month of March is about over and all the winter blahs are through...you get to see life spring up out of the ground again in a "hosts of golden daffodils" - Poet: Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I really do love flowers and they do brighten up a room and make someones day just a little better.  I like to look at them and be reminded of the sweet person who took time out of their day to send/buy me flowers.  I know they die..but for the thoughts and the beauty...they are worth it.