Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Red Shirt Friday

I have been wearing red on Fridays for about two years now.  It is to support the troops and to "R"emember "E"veryone "D"eployed.  The only Friday I do not wear red is the week before St. Patrick's Day is my green week.  I have a strong connection to the military and always show my support for the troops, especially those deployed.  Since losing my nephew in Iraq, I have come to realize his ultimate sacrifice that he signed on the dotted line...was for me and my freedom.  He is my inspiration and has come to inspire others to wear red. 

I know....Redheads aren't suppose to wear red!  Well it never was my favorite color,  but I have come to like it. It is still better than yellow on me...YUCK!!  Its easy to buy clothes when you have a specific color to buy.  And my favorite store "GW" has their clothes by colors!  (GW=Goodwill) LOL

Can a simple gesture of wearing red make my day?  YES!!!  Seeing you in red shows you care about me and what I believe in.  I see you on Friday's wearing red and it brings a big smile to my face.  I even have my bureau drawers set up by color so I know Thursday night what I am wearing the next day. Last Friday I wanted to look a little nicer than a tshirt since I was meeting my friend Krystal after work. I love her...she makes me smile and glad we met up to reconnect and laugh and have a "Pain Killer" at Cheddars.  Life is good y'all! 

So when you notice someone wearing red on Friday's.... it might just be to support the troops, or to support a friend who cares deeply about soldiers.


http://redshirtfridays.org/