Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 19 ⇝ Disrespecting your parents

I really am not sure if this is day 19 or not but since I am sitting (comfortably) at computer, I thought I would post new Day 19 Challenge.

Disrespecting Parents-  I think kids today have no idea what the word respect is about.  Yes I did dis-obey my parents, but I never tried to disrespect them.  If we were to say half the things kids say to their parents today, we would have a back hand somewhere on our bodies to remind us that is not respectful.  I know my Dad never would let us say one bad thing about Mom because that was disrespectful of her.  She ruled the roost and deserved all the respect we could give her.  I know in the film "Christmas Story" when Ralphie has to wash his mouth out with soap, this punishment was actually used in the O'Malley household.  I don't remember what kind of soap it was...but one of my older siblings had to bite down on Ivory.
There are two things that you should always give your parents...love & respect.