Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Jury Duty

I am going to jinx myself with this post but I have not had jury duty since I've moved down here.  I only remember going to jury duty once when I lived back in MA.  Yes I am a registered voter and yes I did vote in the last election. But they say that does not play a role in being chosen for jury duty.  I was never chosen and remember they discharged us right at lunch time. I had the day off from work so that was like a bonus day off.  But I always wonder what really goes on for being a jury.  I know I am not one to judge.  I think there is only one to judge and we will all have our judgement day. 

I am very gullible too so I believe stories people sometimes tell me.  I would not make a good juror. The defense would get up and I would believe them...then the prosecutor would make their case and I would believe them.  I always heard that you just have to say you are related to a cop/correctional officer and  you would be let off.  Not sure if that is true.


I know I would not want to be a juror on a "famous case".  I could sit on a jury for someone who might of been hurt in a motorcycle accident. They would automatically win the case if it was up to me.  You can't sway me on that one.... motorcycle rider always wins, especially if they were hurt and in the hospital for a few days.  I would award them a VERY LARGE sum of money to help them with their anguish.


My friend Sunshine just had to go to jury duty on Monday. She could text and had downloaded a book for use on her tablet. But she was not allowed to have water or snacks. Go figure...crumbs are not allowed in courtroom.  She is a very Christian woman and had to say she was sitting there judging people based upon the way they looked. She apologized and sent text LOL.


I am not sure if I will ever have jury duty but now that I have put it in my blog... I betcha now I will!  Just hope it not too far away like close to Georgia!