Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Musicals and singing

I am not a singer but I do like to belt out some tunes. At least once a day I am belting out a song and it always makes my mood feel better. Music is my therapy. I know if I am feeling blue or just in a funk, that if I play good music it can lift my spirits immediately. I find watching musicals also helps. I love "The Sound of Music". Maybe because its a large family and they are being raised by warm loving woman who sings. Hmmm sounds like my Mom. My Mom had a beautiful voice and I remember her singing many songs to me. So my song of the day goes back to a Disney movie and a great memory of her singing this to me. "Zippity- do-dah, Zippity-de-ay, My, oh my, what a wonderful day. Plenty of sunshine headin' my way. Zippity-dee- do-dah, Zippity-de-ay! Have a WONDERFUL day!