Thursday, June 2, 2011

When the going gets tough....

My car died yesterday.  I think it looked like some kind of tire rod sticking out and caused wheel to move into back bumper and dislodge.  I called AAA and renewed my membership, because of course my procrastination let it expire.  The tow truck came within 25 minutes.  It was 99 degrees out on bank sign.  I was debating go out in the heat but I got my short term disability check in the mail on Tuesday and wanted to deposit.  Luckily I was near gas station to pull in and wait in A/C for tow truck.  I would have melted in the heat.  I told them I recently had surgery and AAA lady flagged me as high priority.  Now I know the trick for future reference.
The tow truck driver from McGraw Wrecker (nice Irish name) was Scott who was from Manchester, NH!  Cool!!  When you meet a fellow New Englander down here, there is a camaradie between us that only we understand.  Rick looked at tire and thinks he maybe able to weld it up.  Wait and see.
So the dilema today was waking up and realizing that he left for work already....in his truck.  I was suppose to talk to him about taking his motorcycle or dropping him off at Joe McCally's house for a ride.  I only have three hours of sleep and am wide awake after hitting up my friends for a ride to doctor's appointment today. I love my friends.  They are my second family down here.  I would do anything for them, and today they showed they will help me out when I need it.
I even got a FB message from friend who gave me referral for honest used car dealer.  How about them apples!  Sounds like oxymoron...honest used car salesman?