Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Compliments feel funny

I am still shy when someone pays me attention.  I like it...don't get me wrong...but when they compliments start coming, I start turning red and get embarrassed.  It is a feeling that I remember as a little redhaired girl and all the old folks would stop and tell me how cute I was.  Normally I should feel flattered that I am being noticed, but inside I want to go run and eat a hot fudge sundae to calm me down.
This is not rational....
I am trying to break out of this shell and become more extroverted.  Those of you who know me are in shock to learn that I am really an introvert. Once I get to know you, I break out of my shy shell and have fun.  I have to know you first.   My sister Maureen can talk to anyone, anywhere about anything...and she does.  Elevator rides which are normally taboo for talking to one another...she cracks jokes with strangers.  I stand in the corner and try not to move. 
I will have to learn to be more assertive and polite to accept kind words of compliments.  KEEP THEM COMING!!