Monday, June 6, 2011

A couple bad days

I had a really bad episode yesterday that lasted until today.  I woke up and had bad nausea and bad abdominal pain.  It felt like a bad gas bubble that was blocking me up.  I would have waves of nausea come over me and start to get sick. The thing about gastric bypass is we do not have bile in our stomachs to throw up. Rick was standing near me rubbing my back to help ease my pain.  I called the doctor because it seriously felt like something was stuck in my bowels.  The doctor answered right away and I gave him my symptoms.  He suggested Mylox, Mylanta and a laxative to help ease the pain/nausea. Rick ran to the store to get me some and I was closing my GB handbook when I saw this highlighted.  No raw fruits or vegetables until week 12. 
Well Saturday night I had eaten taco meat with lettuce and tomato on tortilla wrap.  I think the lettuce and tomato was the problem of the gas.  I woke up this morning and still had both nausea and gas pain.  I did have a normal bladder release and that felt good.  I just woke up at 5pm (I was up all night in pain).  Now I feel no nausea or gas pain.  I ate a grilled cheese tortilla and feel better.  Now I have to drink more liquids to prevent dehydration.
I am lucky it has passed.