Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Compliments are wonderful

I dressed up to work today with full make-up, hair, nice outfit and even matching jewelry.  I was teased last Friday because the girls knew I was going to my first Bonfire party at a friends house on Saturday.  I told them that I might go to Kohl's and finally use my birthday gift card my Mom got me last year.  Claudia asked if the reason I didn't use it was because it was from my Mom.  I said, "No it's because I HATE shopping".  They encouraged me to go buy something pretty and then I could say that my Mom bought it for me.
I haven't been shopping for myself in a real store (versus online) in quite some time.  I wish Maureen or Janet was here to bring with me for their fashion sense.  You would think after all those years of sitting on my bed in the morning watching how they put their outfits together, that I would have learned a few things.  No sense of style....
I did know it was 60degrees out and that the temperature would drop but I would only need a light layer so thought of an oversize shirt.  I walked to the fat ladies section and starting looking first for big shirts.  I found a few and even had a leopard print one in my hand (not Jerseylicous) but I found this beautiful deep purple corduroy shirt that I love.  Then I was thinking of another layer underneath and found this pretty top with blue in it, since I was going to wear jeans.  I walked by the jewelry section and thank God they had the whole set on one of those rotating displays.  I grabbed earrings, bracelet and necklace that matched.  I think I spent about 30 minutes actually shopping.  I don't try anything on in the store since I am wicked self-conscious of looking at my body in a full length mirror. 
The outfit came together nice. I even stopped at Family Dollar for a bonniebrooks unitard that held all my fluff in tight yet let some cleavage show.  While there I grabbed a little cheap thing of shades of purple eye shadow for a buck.  I am attaching a picture of what I look like for those of you who see me schlep all the time. 


Everyone at work was asking, "What did Rick say?"  I told them that the day he mentions how pretty I look or something about my outfit etc... is the day I know he is cheating on me.  The guy could care less what I look like.  He loves me for me...not for the clothes, hair, make-up I wear.