Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blue Cheese

I love Blue Cheese.  I especially love it when there is a twang of sourness but then a lingering buttery flavor. It is called "stinky" cheese in my house.  My dog Brier, loves to eat any kind of cheese but loves "stinky" cheese more.  He nose goes up when he smells it.
We went to CostCo last Saturday and because we bought chicken wings for SuperBowl, Rick also thought about making homemade blue cheese dressing.  We found a delicous brand that leaves a salty, sour, buttery flavor in your mouth.  I am eating it now on chicken wings bought from cafeteria.  The wings are actually the condiment in this case!
We use to buy "Great Hill Blue Cheese" http://www.greathillblue.com/  which is made three towns away from New Bedford in Marion, MA.  We had tasted it first at a food show in Boston and got hooked.  I can't remember if Sid Wainer sells it?