Thursday, January 28, 2010

Goal

It is a little goal and probably you are saying to yourself, "that is nothing" but to me, I reached a little goal this morning and I am so happy.
I made myself a realistic goal by week 3 I would be walking 30 minutes. Week 1 was 10-15 mins. Week 2 was 15-20 mins, and this week was 25-30 mins. I did it! I had the treadmill set for 25 mins this morning but as I got to 20, I still felt good so I advanced it to 27 mins. My heart rate was good and I felt so good. I kept mentally telling myself to go for 30 mins and then I found myself increasing the minutes up to 30. It seemed easier this morning maybe because no one was in there with me, (except Hank for five minutes) and I could relax and meditate on my goal.
Next week I wrote down 40-45 minutes. I CAN DO IT!