Thursday, February 12, 2009

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/basketball2008/content/index.asp?strCountry_adidascom=us#/highlights/

My sales rep told me that he got invited to go to the NBA All Stars this weekend by Footlocker (my account). I said, "where is my invitation?" He laughed, but seriously I would have liked to seen the Footlocker Three Point Shootout.

I have a pet peeve. It is my last name and how people mis-pronounce it or misspell it. For those Doty's who are reading this, you feel my pain right?

Today I had to get a new IT software system and they put me down as Dotty. I don't want the work I do to be credited under the wrong name. So I emailed the guy to let him know my name was spelled wrong. He replied back (copied and pasted from my email)


From: Belger, John
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:01 AM
To: Doty, Christine
Subject: RE: Information from Todays training as well as Webex info

Sotty about that. I completely understadn and will have it corrected.

So he likes to mis type things and use the letter T a lot. Sotty Dotty just made me laugh out loud (LOL). I never replied back because I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic by me asking to change my name or if he is an idiot. Well as it turns out IT guy responded with "I am really sorry about all these spelling errors. I really wasn't trying to be funny below. ' I can accept his apology since he has a lot of people to work with on the new SAP project. But DUDE!!!! that is what spellcheck is for.

So when the telemarketing people call and ask for Mrs. DOT-ee, I always correct people and say it is DOE-TEA like "DOE a deer a female deer, TEA a drink with jam and bread" (Name that Musical)
I knew I should of kept O'Malley!!