Tuesday, January 6, 2009

APPROVED UNEMPLOYMENT!!!1

WOOOO HOOOOO the check is in the mail and we are on our way to getting out of credit hold.

R tried yesterday to call unemployment and it was busy. I tried from my work phone and it went through so I hit conference and called him and conferenced him in. He waited over an hour and still no one answered (being Monday I bet they were swamped). He called today and only waited 15 minutes for someone to answer.
He was transferred to a lady named Sherry who helped him immensely with what he needed to get accomplished. After talking to her, he found out he was suppose to be calling in every week to get TeleCert filed. He never even received something in the mail to tell him what number to call and he needed a pin number. She also helped him with setting up direct deposit and told him that claim is approved, after faxing over paystubs and that it is being processed. So hopefully by this weekend, we should have a check.
I have to make a resolution to save more money. I know Suze Orman tells you to save three months worth of income to cover you for emergencies. Now I know why.