Sunday, July 27, 2014

Just call me Fishy Chrissy



It was on my bucket list.  I wanted to learn how to SUP, Stand Up Paddleboard.  Yesterday was Paddle-Fest at Lake Blalock in Chesnee, SC.  I belong to a MEETUP group and saw it advertised last weekend so I signed up for a "Gilligan's Island" 3 hour kayak tour in the morning and beginner paddleboard class.  Ever since my best friend, Bridget who lives in Destin, FL and has her own SUP,  told me I would love it since I love the water so much... I have wanted to try this. I am so glad I did! I took right to it! Not to boast but it was piece of cake and yes I did fall off and got wet.  I was testing my feet/stance and it wobbled too much so I went over.  It's ok... I wanted to learn how to get back on it out in the open water.  Now I want to take a trip down to Charleston (Charleston SUP Harbor tours ) or take a trip to Destin.  Great weekend and for my next bucket list item....horseback riding.
(Ps just noticed that I must of gotten on quick seeing the canoe timing in background)


praying: Dear Lord, help me up!
whooaaa

Nailed it!