Friday, July 11, 2014

Free time

I like having free time by myself. My husband's work was shut down last week for 4th of July. He went to visit his friend Ken in Jacksonville and the two of them were going fishing. He hasn't seen Ken since before he met me back in 1998. It was good to have the house to myself, especially the remote (flickah). I could watch all the sappy movies or better yet...Hallmark Channel had Christmas movies on.
I admit that I also had a solo dance party when I heard one of my new favorite songs come on MKTO "Classic" (posted below or above this post)

I did get to spend some time with friends I haven't seen in a while. Saturday was at Jodi's to see her son Jeremy turn 20. Kyndall made him a delicious looking New York cheesecake that she was so proud the top never cracked. I played Left, right, center and whoever lost had to do a shot of Fireball (one of my favorites). I heard about a recipe to mix Woodchuck Amber beer with Fireball and then add some vanilla ice cream in blender. I will have to try this sometime since I love Angry Orchard and Fireball together to make Angry Balls.

On Wednesday, last week it was a beautiful day outside and I had wished that I was riding the bike that day. I had stopped at Waffle House and had my favorite with extra pickles.  A end of a nice week that I got a lot done in the house like caulk the tub.

It was great to have him home. I was worried about him driving home during hurricane Arthur which was coming up the coast the same time he was due to come home. He loves to go out during storms or bad weather. The beautiful sunshine days, he is in the house. A bad storm- it is adventure time to go explore places.

Now back to watching hunting and fishing shows or COPS because I don't have the remote. He would also ask where I was going if I just up and left to go on my own adventure to some far away place...like QT in Duncan for a hot pretzel with some Gahlic buttah...MMmmmmm It's 9pm Friday night. If he goes to bed early...I might just hop in my Kia Sorento Cheese and go to Duncan or Dunkin! (he did just go to bed...9:20pm and I'm going out for dessert.)