Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fishers of Men

Otherwise known as "fishermen".  How do they do it?  I know it something that they feel deep down inside them to want to go to the sea and work but how do they physically put up with storms that happen.  I think of Jesus walking on the water and calming telling the Apostles "Do not fear" but that scene would be something that would make my mouth drop open. 
"O Jesus, divine Shepard of the spirit, you have called the Apostles in order to make them fishers of men, you still attract to you burning spirits and generous young people, in order to render them your followers and ministers to us"- Pope Paul VI, World Day of Prayer for Vocations , 1964
Today is World Day of Prayer for Vocations and I pray that those that feel the spirit, listen to their vocation and follow the word of God. Thank you Jake for listening....I hope to hear you preach one day.