Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Madness

Not basketball March Madness but the time of the year when you are sick of winter and Spring is just around the corner. For South Carolina, the last frost date is March 14. I am getting ready to prepare my first garden in our new home. Although shamrock/Clover is considered a weed to some, I would love my yard covered in it. Great deer plot too!
But my March madness also has to do with March was the month my Dad died when I was eleven. I remember the priest at his funeral talking about how there is so much grey and lifeless things around us in March, but how God always renews the earth with Spring and we just have to believe and trust that Spring will make the earth come alive again. I do believe that my Dad is my special angel watching over me. I sometimes wish I got to know him more as an adult, but I know I will always be his little girl.
March madness has begun and can't wait for April and new life to begin again.

Count each day, each memory, each moment
And make them always count.
(on letter Maureen sent to me, I am not that profound)