Wednesday, January 7, 2015

#myoneword

#myoneword
“Finding a New Kind of Resolution” by Mike Ashcraft and Rachel Olsen was on HIS Radio this morning.
That was ironic that it was the day after I posted my “Word of the Year” on my blog yesterday. You might be wondering why even pick a word versus various resolutions.
“It’s better to do something about ONE thing, than nothing about EVERYTHING” said Mike Ashcraft.

They had great ideas on how to pick your “Word of the Year”.
First you should be journaling and writing down your thoughts. You would need to then think of the person you would like to be and describe those traits or characteristics that you see in others that you want for yourself. Make a list of about twenty words and then leave it alone. Let it sit while you think about it. Take it out and look it over, think again and pray on it.  Narrow it down to 3-4 words. Now you can look up in dictionary and thesaurus.  You can find acronyms, synonyms, and search the Bible. Pick Scriptures with the words you have left and see which one “speaks” to you best.

I looked up JOY in dictionary this morning and the three definitions that speak to me are:Cheerfulness, pleasure, happiness.
I want to live my life this year as those three things.
Links: