Thursday, March 6, 2014

Missing my Dad...

I know I was his baby girl. There was a special bond between us that I still feel is with me. He was the first man I ever loved and have loved the deepest. He was affectionate when it counted. Hugs, kisses and I Love You were felt. The soft eyelash butterfly kisses and forehead kisses are what I miss the most. He was 52 years old and I was eleven when he died of massive heart failure. He had triple bypass a few years earlier so he became frail after that surgery. In my eyes, he is still the 6'2" tall, strong and skinny man who worked very hard supporting the seven children and Mom. Last Tuesday on radio a girl was talking about how her Dad would tell her everyday she was beautiful. My co-worker Carmen said her father never did that. I told her mine neither but he was a sweet caring father. I told her how he would sing Tor-rah-Lora Lora to me when he tuck me in at night. I came home from work and there was a package waiting for me. Actually two of them but I'll tell you about the second package another time. It was from my sister Janet. She had a nice card on top when I looked inside. It said, "hope you enjoy these in South Carolina". I opened it up and took two of my Dad's Norweigan woolen sweaters out. I cried... Balled. I was rectly thinking that I had nothing of his. Now I did and as I put on the sweater, it was as if he was in it with me giving me a hug. Priceless!! Memories of hugging him when he wore it came flooding back. I posted pic on Facebook and ate supper. Later on after my husband went to bed, I was flipping through channels on the remote. I stopped on TMC to watch what else...."Bells of St. Mary's" with Bing Crosby who played Father O'Malley. This was the movie that he sings (you guessed it) Tor-rah-Lora Lora. Anazing and WONDERFUL to have such a great day of memories of a great man. I love you Daddy.