Saturday, May 28, 2022

#memorialday2022

 "Live a life worth their sacrifice." (@Crankeedoodle)  #MemorialDay2022 #MemorialDayWeekend

I would like to think that Memorial Day isn't all about barbecues and mattress sales and extra Kohl's bucks.

Sometimes I can't imagine the sacrifice that Tyler gave for all of us. But then I think of this quote, "Live a life worth their sacrifice."  How can I show Tyler everyday that his life was worth my life?  

My sister's family has a hard time every May between Tyler's birthday, Mother's day, and then Memorial day. It's all reminders of the life that was lost and the memories we could be making now with him.

I never want to exalt his sacrifice. There is no "benefit" to being Gold Star family. Often it is said, it is a title we do not wish to have.

We donated money to the EOD foundation to lay a brick in the new Memorial gardens. It is to honor the memory of Tyler, just a brick, but it means a lot. Hopefully by 2029, when it will be the 20th anniversary, maybe the whole family can be at the EOD Memorial to see it.

So as you go about your nice long weekend, I hope it's fun, relaxing, and yes ...even memorable.