Sunday, April 27, 2014

Twenty Things about me....

1. What brings you the greatest joy? Smiles and Laughter 2. What are your vices? Lionel Ritchie....LOL just kidding has to be Booze!! 3. What is on your nightstand? Lamp, iphone charger, earplugs, sleeping mask, "Laughter of God" by Sr. Miriam Pollard, my 4. What is your secret talent? I cannot reveal my secret talent or else it wouldn't be a secret 5. What is your greatest indulgence? goes with my secret talent!! but if I could eat it again, it would be Vienna Mocha Chunk ice cream from Friendly's 6. What should every woman try at least once in her life? To be alone and get in tune with all the things that make you who you are, and what brings you happiness and get closer to God. Also think a woman needs to try to be self sufficent without parents, partner or children. 7. What makes you laugh? I love to laugh and some of the stupidest things make me laugh out loud. Love the Geico Camel commercial, "Mike Mike Mike". Not a day goes by without some form of laughter- medicine for the soul. 8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I am so shy and introvert that I have to force myself to meet people. Most people think I am outgoing and talkative. Nay Nay I say... Break my shell and I ooze out. 9. What is on your bucket list? #1 would be trip to Ireland but then I think a trip anywhere would be nice. Even to Georgia would be a dream come true. #2 would be horseback riding since my last experience was as a big girl and not as enjoyable as I thought, #3 scuba diving again to experience something I loved as big girl but want to feel it at this size. #4 go to a top of a moutain and sit in quiet and feel closer to God. #5 get my own motorcycle. (there is more but those are my top five) 10. What is on your feet right now? slippahs 11. How did you make your first dollar? Babysitting for the Nelson's. Sean, Kathleen and then Andrew who was just a baby. I did not have much experience with babies so think that is why I only did it for a little while. Use to cook stovetop popcorn and Lenders bagels while watching Dukes of Hazzard with them. 12. What superstition do you believe in? Bad mojo if you walk over a grave and still never put my shoes on counter, table or sink but think that was more Mom's rule than superstition. 13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? anything Red! at least once a week...on Friday's 14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? I won an award one year around Christmas for a $500 Visa gift card and it was a Christmas that I had no money to buy gifts for family. Best gift for winning the award and for sharing with family. Cherish all my Irish Christmas ornaments from my brother John. And a special birthday surprise a few years ago. 15. What is on your liquor shelf? see #2
16. What is on your kitchen counter? starting from left to right: Olive oil, 2 pepper mills, salt box, all wooden spoons are in round cannister, all cooking utencils in another cannister, round Boo's block, coffee can with grease drippings, coffe can with coffee!, sugar, coffee pot, Palmolive dish detergent, rose plant on shelf with coffee mugs, toaster oven, knife sharpener, cutting board, chips, crackers in wire basket, another Boo's cutting block with all our bills on top. Too much crap!! 17. What would you never leave home without? keys. wallet. phone. Oh and clothes would be essential. 18. What movie has the greatest ending? Sixth Sense left me scratching my head...what did I miss...HUH??? Worse ending was Lassie- hands down!! 19. Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party? My sweet angels to see them one more time, Michael Buble and Blake Shelton for their music and quick one liners, Jesus to turn the water into wine- just kidding but seriously would be EPIC dinner party. Julia Child for her wisdom, voice and to help me cook! 20. What is one thing you wish you had known when you were younger? How to invest money, stock market, and that every moment spent loving someone is a precious gift to not take for granted.