Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mom's Central Park Painting

Mom also did this painting of Central Park and gave it to me.  It is not completed so she never signed it.  There is a Navy guy walking with a girl in yellow dress and a black lab (dog) in the middle of the painting.  Over to the right are three people holding balloons.  There are cherry blossoms out which is why Mom gave me this painting.  Her and I went to Washington DC in Spring of 1983 or 84 and were there for the cherry blossoms.  We went to see Donald while he was still in medical school so not sure of the year. I was her "co-pilot" and helped her navigate through DC with the help of our AAA triptik.
She knew this painting was unfinished when she gave it to me way back when Todd & I got married.  I love this painting because of the cherry blossoms and Navy guy.