Monday, October 7, 2013

Fragrance

I think we associate different scents to different things. I know the smell of Jean Nate would make me think of my Mom. That was pretty much the fragrance she used growing up. That was until her children were old enough to afford Shalimar. I will never forget that smell of either of those signature smells of my Mother. There are also food smells that conjur up great memories. I know the smell of lobster or clams steaming brings me back to my childhood and the family get togethers. We use to have clamboils every summer. My Mom and sister even individually put the clams in a cheesecloth bag one year so we each had our own portion. I love the taste of clams steamed and then dunked in butter then slidding down the back of my throat. Mmmmm taste so good. One of the smells this past weekend was of CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Eau de Parfum. Yes it is my sisters scent and she buys it twice a year since it is expensive. I asked her before I left yesterday if I could use some as she was spraying some on her. She showed me how she just sprays once behind each ear and then rubs her wrist up to her neck where she just sprayed. Very little bit but all day I could smell this beautiful fragrance and being on airplane and in airport, I am glad I smelled so good. Funny thing is..I came home, took a shower last night and dried my hair. This morning when I woke up, I can still smell the COCO Chanel smell. This will be my new fragrance! My pocketbook right now though is telling me to stay with my Japanese Cherry Blossom at Bath & Body Works. I love the smell of Ahm and Hammah and how it makes me smile with the many memories. Between the deoderant and the laundry detergent that are both hypo-allergenic, it has a manly clean smell that I love under my nose. Ok so my all time favorite is Ahm and Hammah!!