Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Sad about this Port thing on my shoulder

 First of all, let me say that I never knew anyone with cancer - Thank God. Second of all, I had no idea that they would install this place device called a PORT that the chemo was delivered through. It reminds me of the INSPIRE device used instead of a CPAP for snoring. It is inserted to an artery right below my collarbone on my right shoulder.  

At my last appointment with Dr. Buck, I asked if I could get it removed because it interferes with my hunting. That is the shoulder that I use to stick my rifle butt of gun into. Dr. Buck said yes and I had appointment yesterday with Dr. James, the doctor who installed the port.  He said he really doesn't like to remove them before a year after last chemo treatment. I rang the bell in November. That is smack dab in middle of rut - hunting for deer.  He suggested that I contact Dr. Buck and have my 1 year scan moved earlier so he can possibly have it removed.  It is really not worth it at this point. My 1 year scan is scheduled in January.  I know Dr. Buck even said he doesn't like having it removed for superstitious reasons. 

I was very upset after the appointment yesterday crying and even a bubble snot came out of my nose. LOL Husband yelled at me...BUT AT LEAST YOU ARE HERE!!!  Smack reality into me.  He is right!

That wonderful husband of mine told me this morning that he ordered off Amazon a crossbow that has little draw weight, complete package with arrows, case and the cocking/de-cocking is quiet.  I asked him if it was for me. He said yes.  See- that is why I married that man.  He cares about me and only wants me to be happy. He could tell how upset that I was thinking I was going to go another year of not hunting. ($600 a year for our hunt club dues gone) 

All is well that ends well. Now I just need to practice and be patient while I wait for this port to be removed next year.